Monday, June 20, 2011

well.


I'm sitting here at this computer, willing myself not to fall asleep before 8 p.m. Last night was the first night E did a good job sleeping in a long time. But! I'm so used to being up with him, I couldn't fall asleep or stay asleep. Sigh. We'll see how tonight goes.

Jeremy is upstairs working hard. Our house (as per our agreement with our bank) has to be "finished" by July 22. That's almost an even month from now. And while a few weeks ago I/we had no hope that it would be finished, we kind of do now. Don't get me wrong, it will be TIGHT in every sense of the word. But it may be finished... if not that day then probably a week from it. I can't describe to you the joy that flits up from my heart at thinking that this period of our lives may be over. The house will not be finished finished, but enough that we can relax a bit. And enough that Jeremy won't feel guilty for not working on it every second he has free.

And our church conference is this week. I feel like every year it creeps up behind me and catches me unawares, which means that it takes awhile to feel a part of what's going on there. Going to attempt to meditate and pray about it during the next 24 hours. I want to be a part of it from the beginning. I know that I need this-- we need this. And I don't want to miss out. Although-- it will be interesting having a baby this time. Goodness; having a child, it just changes absolutely everything about everything about everything, doesn't it?

Speaking of my child:













I love this picture. That gummy smile is not-so-gummy anymore, though. The kid has four teeth. I canNOT believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment