Friday, August 2, 2013

still alive. also: books.

Just a little note that I, and we, are still alive over here. This last month has been a blur of potty training, housework, potty training, little day trips, canning berries. Did I mention potty training? We've only been doing it a week, but it feels like, much, much longer. I finally convinced Jeremy to hire out our lawn care. He's been working days AND nights, and has been running ragged for some time now. It will feel good to both of us to take even just one thing off of his plate. My summer of childcare is over, as my mother-in-law is heading back to work soon. How I'm going to work on my thesis now, I don't know, but it's going to have to happen.

Anyway. Too much going on in our lives to mention here. Feeling tired, but I get the feeling that this busyness is just part of a short season, so I'm just praying that we can power through with some semblance of grace, remembering to grasp hold of His joy.

Hey-- by the way, want some book recommendations? Just finished up reading this one. Currently reading this and this. Really, really want to read this. I've put it in my cart and taken it back out about a dozen times, because I'm hesitant to spend the money. I'll get the nerve one of these days, hopefully well before the holidays.

Hoping for a restorative weekend, for you and for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment