Tuesday, December 10, 2013

something I saw--

I was looking at GAP reviews (for leggings--don't laugh!) and I saw this 5 star rating review:

"I got these for my daughter to giver her a fall season lift; she's a young mother and needs comfy stuff to wear around home. She loved them."

Isn't that the sweetest?? I'm so happy that there are other young mommies out there, caring nonstop for their babes, and still being cared for by their own moms, because oh-my-goodness do we need it.

Whenever someone holds the door open for me and my small brood, or smiles indulgently at my sour puss baby in the checkout lane, or gives us a date night out, I am overcome by gratitude, gratitude for their love for my boys and for their love for me. I never knew how much I would need it.

This motherhood thing is consistently harder than I could have ever imagined. In spite of a nagging feeling that I should be able to do this on my own, I'm so thankful for help. And for my own mom, who has done the exact same thing as this lovely woman did for her daughter. Thanks, mom. And thanks to the other lovely people out there, extending a hand to the young mommy who needs it.

1 comment:

  1. Seeing this for the first time almost three months after it was written? Maybe needing it more today than three months ago. I, too, am thankful for the friends who love you, and love on you; and yes, we daughters do fare so much the better with moms who love us - and love on us. As do we moms. Fare so much the better for having daughters that we love, and can love on.

    ReplyDelete