Friday, May 4, 2012

sleepless

I titled this post "sleepless" and then realized that roughly a month from now I will remember what sleepless really is. Sleepless right now means tossing and turning from pregnancy discomfort, waking before it's time, and having to use the bathroom at least every two hours. Sleepless when the baby comes means, "Oh my gosh I'm going to die from lack of sleep." It means that I won't be able to worry about my own comfort in my lack of sleep, but that I'll have to take care of an infant--not to mention a very present toddler!-- a mewling, wriggling, uncomfortable, incredibly awake infant, in my lack of sleep. It will mean nursing, and eating, and drinking, and reading with no adherence to normal, functioning, blessedly human hours.

That is what sleepless really means. Lord, have mercy.

1 comment:

  1. I certainly don't envy what you'll be going through, but I imagine you are stronger than you think. I do hope you'll find it to be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete