Thursday, December 20, 2012

A small round up of bite size "paleo" food gifts... and a confession.


Confession time. Growing up, my mom (and dad) were awesome with their advent calendar. My grandmother made it, and every night my parents would either put a piece of candy in there for my brother and I, or a "hint" for us to find the candy ourselves. My brother opened the even days and I opened the odd days. And my mom would get really great candy for it.

For the first time, this year, my mom gave me an advent calendar to use with my blossoming family. We don't really let E have candy, and we've been doing this paleo thing... but I thought we might do it anyway. So I bought some nice candy. And then I brought it home. And then I ate. it. all.

You guys, it was totally ridiculous. I guess I had been feeling a bit deprived, and I just went crazy on the stuff. I'm breaking out, my nursling Josiah is breaking out, and moreover, I'm not feeling great, physically or emotionally, because of it. So. Ridiculous.

I just ate the last of those stupidly good Ghirardelli squares, and I say good riddance. We are sooo going to do things differently next year, so I'm not going to sweat it. I learned my lesson.

I've made a few grain-free, processed sugar free desserts lately (for us and for gifting), and I'll put links to the bite size friendly ones below. I'll be pulling these recipes out next year for advent!


Raw Coconut Macaroons

Almond Date Truffles  (just a note on these-- if you don't have almond butter, coconut oil subbed great for me.)

Cocoa Dusted Maple Glazed Walnuts

Rustic homemade Marshmallows with Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment