Friday, May 31, 2013

Friday, already? And a wedding.

How on earth is it already Friday afternoon?

I've been wanting to write since Monday but haven't been able to get a chance to get to it. I started working on my thesis this week, which is totally overwhelming and horrible and great, all at the same time. It's made for a busy week. And Jeremy is in a wedding tonight, a groomsman for a friend of ours we've loved for a very long time.

I remember at our wedding coming across one of my mom's friends who was there alone. When I asked where her husband was, she told me that they were separated. "Marriage can be hard," she said. What a thing to hear at our wedding reception! I'm so thankful that I can go to weddings, and this one in particular, and say "Congratulations! Marriage is awesome!" with my husband right beside me, agreeing. Marriage is hard, but it's so, so good, and I can't wait to celebrate that fact with some of my closest friends tonight.

Our weekend will be full of our kids, and farmers markets, and more strawberries, but I can't even see that far ahead right now. I'm only thinking about getting all dressed up with my love and getting to go to a great party :)

1 comment:

  1. YAYAY!! What a great way to spend the evening. Enjoy getting dressed up, and getting to be Alanna and Jeremy (not mommy and daddy).

    ReplyDelete